Saturday, March 20, 2010

6th Dec '08 - Mount Geiwont

330 am -

The sailing instructor came in drunk and talking of Polish people... "So many people around me, they don't understand... only one hundred and fifty bears... ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY!!!... ****ing Polish people... our country is dying... they don't care about rubbish... I'm smelly, I know, but I don't care..." and he rambled on.


5pm -

Got out on the mountains (Geiwont), up to the snow line and beyond, to where it came up to my waist and I was fearful of an avalanche, as the sign had warned me. I didn't give into fear until sense told me too... sloping deep snow and me taking hold of the tops of buried bushes. I'd pushed myself upwards for two and a quarter hours of serious exertion.

Sat in the high snow and drank lemon tea and ate bread rolls, a doughnut, on top of the lion bar on the way up. Well stocked with carbs. At my acme I looked out and smoked. Beautiful, glorious, alpine scenery. I felt good stomping back into town, exhausted but having achieved something.

No comments:

Post a Comment